It is so sad to go around watching how everyone likes doing nothing. Everyone enjoys making people believe nothing is ok. To a degree where there is no response, people just don't care. If you say it is boring, the response is i don't care. If you say it is stupid, the response is i don't care. If you say it can be better, the response is i don't care.
You can only truly care if you have passion. Whenever you meet someone whom is willing to answer, to spend his bread and break his head to answer, treasure him. Whether you disagree, feel attacked, or you already know the answer, it is his passion what you should appreciate.
Remember that design is only visible when it fails. Failed design is 95% a result of passionless processes. If for starters you, the strategist/designer do not care, i can only assume we are in trouble. Most people think investing in design is useless because the other 5% is almost invisible. And we think that even though it fails, and we can see it happening, it is making money. So why should we assign it any budget?
And if you are in charge of a team, be smart enough to find someone passionate about a particular task, and assign him that. In a connected world, it is a matter of searching a little, and you will find him. In the world of big companies where passion dissolves, small has an advantage because it still cares about finding passion, not qualifications.
If you are not fighting, what is the point of living doing it? Money can bring many things, and being miserable a dead-man-walking is one of them. Can you remember when was the last time you cared?
We need you to be motivated. We need you to fight. And although in the current age it appears nothing is ok, it is not. Please find your passion.. and if you can't find it, go experiment something else. It will feel better to die fighting, than to live suffer through a pathetic existance.